[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First big magnifier run

>We're running a 20,200 volt transformer, which is very loud on the rotary
>gap.  I had several neighbors standing in their yards watching the show.  I
>wish I had a large building to run this coil in, but unfortunately my yard
>will have to do. I think I'm moving it all to the back patio for my next
>test run to reduce the neighborhood interest.  I figured on my first run if
>I even got it to break out of the toroid, I'd be doing good. I didn't expect
>90 inch sparks and didn't want to generate quite so much neighborhood interest.
>
>Bert Pool
>nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net

Gee Bert, you might be in the same boat as I am with the neighbors. Just
wait and see, let them talk a while and see what they start to say.
something like "OH NOW I KNOW WHY MY TV...." hahaha ..
Anyway, did you take a look at my coil (the second one) yet? Can you give me
a basic idea on how to build a magnifier? I have a coil wound with 724 turns
of #24 wire with a form diameter of 4.5 inches. Can I use this for a
magnifier? OR am I just stupid? I have no clue how or why a magnifier works
but I hear it is nothing but a second secondary coil tied to the top of a
regular tesla coil.
Let me know by private email.

Thanks!!

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page IS UP all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell
Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev