[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Plans

>Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 23:46:38
>To: tesla-at-pupmam-dot-com
>From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>Subject: Tesla Coil Plans
>
>There have been many requests for Tesla coil plans for beginners on the
Tesla List lately. I would like to advise these biginners that my Tesla Coil
Construction Guide contains 5 plans for classical Tesla coils from 18 to
5000 watts. Many actual coils have been built using these plans. Builders
who got back to me said the coil they built worked the first time fired up.
Slight adjustments were necessary to find the proper primary tap position to
obtain optimum output.

>The Guide also contains much Tesla coil information and answers many of the
questions asked by beginners on the Tesla List. There are also graphs,
tables, and computer printouts for the 'plans' coils. Also included is a
unique step by atep procedure to design your own coils. One reader told me
he had spent over $200.00 on T.C. books and the Guide was the best for
beginners.

>If you email me your snail mail address, I wiill send you a flyer with more
information with prices and discounts.

>One of the Tesla Coil subscribers asked how to calculate the T.C. secondary
voltage. This parameter can only be roughly calculated. One of the equations
shown in my Tesla Coil Design Manual for this voltage is

>        Vs = A Vp sqrt (Ls/Lp)
>
>A is a constant that includes % efficiency, Q & K factors and other parameters.
>Vp = Primary volts
>
>For Bill Wysock's coil A is about 2, Vp = 20000,  Lp = 10 microhenries
(uh), Ls = 60000 uh so the secondary voltage is