[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:- RE: Hot Tubes

Re: Tube sources, etc.
1. Tesla is a very large Czech electronics manufacturer of tubes, radar
sets, and other electronic goodies.  Czechoslovakia has always been a
"hi tech" country, and Tesla is a first rate outfit and has been for at
least 40 years to my personal knowledge, probably much longer.
2. Many of these tubes from abroad are made with US equipment which
was sent into surplus when tube manufacturing became passe in this
country.  No reason to believe that, if reasonable materials and Qc
(QC) prevail, those tubes are anything other than satisfactory.
3.                 There is a coterie of audio enthusiasts who
                dote on vacuum-tube amplifiers and who are in-
                tent on building their own.  They alone create
                a tube market in this country.
In my opinion these guys are all nuts, talking about the triode
sound, the pentode sound, the transistor sound, the 12AX7 sound
vs the 12AX7A sound, etc ad insanity.  There is one rampant belief
that recordings made in studios which use tubes in their audio
P R E A M P (very low level) circuits are superior.  Maybe a little
of the hum which people used to be used to, but !!!!!!
Ed Phillips