[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla magnifier driver pics (fwd)

At 11:25 PM 2/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> Subject: Tesla magnifier driver pics (fwd)
>> Subject: Tesla magnifier driver pics
>

>Bert,
>
>Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Until seeing these, I was having
>a difficult time envisioning just how your adjustable primary worked.
>That's really a clever approach!
>
>I'm still _amazed_ that you didn't take out your potential transformer
>or caps when you had the heavy arcs to your primary and to the concrete.
>This is especially interesting, since you didn't have any "stinking
>safety gaps" in your primary circuit - that 20 KV potential transformer
>must be one tough little devil, and those caps from Ed Wingate must have
>a little magic in them as well! :^)
>
>We're all looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Moonlander and
>Blue Goose in operation!
>
>Good luck, Bert!
>
>--Bert H --

I was hoping to run this coil last weekend, but rain and wind said "no".  We
have sleet forcast for the next couple of days, so next weekend looks crappy
too.  I'm staying inside where it's warm and building my first "real" power
cabinet. . . got tired of dragging the varics and welders across the garage
floor every time I wanted to run.

Soon as we get some moderate weather I'll be snapping some photos of big
sparks.  Oh yes, I've decided that maybe my luck was very good, and I'm
adding a choke, bypass and safety gap to my transformer!  I might not be so
luck next time.

Bert Pool
nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net