[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pig question

<<
 Ed,
 Are you thinking of going to series because of the heat?
 With me I have enclosed10kw air cooled units that would not be a problem
 for me.
 Or there performance problems?

I need to do something different because of performance problems.  The system
worked great with 3 or 4 2000 watt elements in paralle with the welder with
the origninal configuration.  After blowing the first C.P. cap, when I was
installing the new one, I decided to shorten all the primary interconnects
and replace the wire with copper tubing.  After doing this, everything
changed and I could no longer get good, consistent results.  I was
experiencing erratic gap firing and primary control problems.  As Richard
Quick would say, I probably had lucked across a good synergistically tuned
primary and I have disrupted this.  I think by trying various combinations of
parallel and or series resistance I can get it back.  If not, I will put the
damn wire back in.  I did set a new record with this coil of 80" discharges
to earth with the new set up.  It just is not very reliable.

Ed Sonderman