[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Exactly what kind of oil?

<<
 I have been having difficulty purchasing oil with which to fill my
 capacitors.  Can anyone tell me some brand names or specs that an oil
 distributor might recognize beyond "pure mineral oil w/o PCBs."
 David Christal 3341 Cloverdale Lane, Dallas, TX  75234
 214 349-6972 (214 FIX MY PC) (Pool Cues and Personal Computers)

David,

You might also ask them for high voltage oil, or transformer oil.  Most oil
dealers will have something in this line.  I got my 5 gal pail from a Chevron
dealer, I think it was labeled mineral oil.  If you want, I can check the
lable on the bucket and get the exact numbers.

Ed Sonderman