[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pri/Sec coiling

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Pri/Sec coiling
> Date: Wednesday, February 05, 1997 12:26 AM
>
> Subscriber: MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz Tue Feb  4 22:17:57 1997
> Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:09:05 +1200
> From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Pri/Sec coiling
>
> Tom,
>
> > whether a coil is wound clockwise or counter-clockwise depends on how
you
> > look at it :) In other words, if a coil is turned upside down, you have
> > effectively reversed the windings, haven't you?
>
> Nope (bbg:)
>
> Malcolm

You are right. I should have remembered this from the  coil I wound in high
school that started from the center and then wound to the top and bottom in
opposite directions. My first attempt had failed because I simply wound two
coils and then flipped one of them. I quickly found that that was the same
as just connecting the two coils in regular series.

Fr. Tom McGahee