[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calculating Sec. Voltage

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Tesla List wrote:
> Rod,
>
> Not intending to be flipant, but ....3,555,555.556 volts!!!!!!
>
> Whew! Golly!

<grin>

> In probably the most highly developed mathematical model imaginable, I think
> there might be a bit of bauble about the first digit (3) in your answer,
> much less the .556volt trailing figure!!!

Being too technical again on my part I think...but no, it really is a
3.5MV coil...claims to have been a measured value (by Questacon).
It gets arc lengths to just over 4metres, no problem.

>  There are no such useful equations extant that wouldn't pose a great threat
> of self-deception to any person so bold as to use them or foolish enough to
> accept their resultant output values.

Hmm, didn't think as much...

> This is a long sought form of teslarian nirvana.  Just plug in the numbers,
> turn the ole crank and presto, infinite precision and confidence in output
> voltage prior to the first turn of wire on a resonator.

I think they're called Theoreticalists.

> If someone thinks they have it,  walk away,  They haven't built six of these
> systems yet.  Most haven't built one!!!!

>   Armchair theorists are as common as the seasickness in this business.
> Followed quickly by wanna-be mathematicians.

> Builders seeking true engineering guidelines are few and often reticent on
> precise value predictions in direct proportion to the number of systems they
> have assembled.

Hmm, I'd say that's an accurate answer!

Looks to me as to get out the big-old voltage divider and hook it up to a
voltmeter and let the Coil arc to it...even so, the results from the
meter won't be constant...but will give you a good idea, hopefully.
Margin of expected error +/- 200,000v.

Thanks Richard, your comments have been very contructive and helpful.

Cheers!

Rod