[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Top Toroid

Re:"I use only neons. The charge current is absolutely limited by the neon
to either 60 or 120ma(depends on neon being used). It would be
interesting if someone out there can calculate the time it actually
takes to charge a cap from a current limited neon."
	This is only true for a resistive or inductive load.  For
a capacitive load the current (and resultant secondary voltage) will
make that can be greater, approaching Vs/Rs at resonance
(Xcap=Vsrated/Israted).
	I'm sure this is one sure way neon transformers get zapped
when we get too greedy and open up the primary gap too much.
Ed Phillips