[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fan for sparkgap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 08:30:07 -0500
From: Steve Falco <sfalco-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Fan for sparkgap

I just build a "Richard Quick" style spark gap in a piece of 6" PVC.  I
found a fan in the Hosfelt catalog that has exactly the right diameter
to mount directly to the PVC.  Specifically, fan #26-455 is 6 3/4"
diameter (235 CFM), and I was able to drill and tap the edge of the PVC
to match the 3 mounting holes in the fan.  I then mounted the fan with
8-32 nylon screws into the PVC.  I also wrapped a layer of electrical
tape around the joint for a better air seal.

This may be of interest to other folks because it saves the cost of a 6"
PVC cap (which sells for $40 here)!

Out of curiousity, what have folks on this list paid for 6" PVC caps?
Was I being ripped off?

        Steve Falco