[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 00:41:47 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]
<SNIP>

Greg,

I'd contend that considerable energy is being stored in the toroid,
particulary during the instant of maximum secondary voltage. In fact
virtually _all_ of the energy in the secondary:toroid system will be
stored in the electrostatic fields associated with Ct+Cs when peak Vout
is reached. For a system having a relatively large toroid, where toroid
capacitance (Ct) is 2X - 4X the secondary coil self-C (Cs), over 2/3 to
3/4 of the total energy would reside in the toroid.

Safe ccoiling to you!

-- Bert --