[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: L & C measurements cheaply, how?

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, December 28, 1997 5:46 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: L & C measurements cheaply, how?

>Adam, check out Alfa Electronics - they carry an excellent set of very
>inexpensive meters.  Their DMM-20  measures AC, DC voltage to 750 volts,
>resistance to 2 gigohms, current to 20- amps, CAPACITANCE and
>INDUCTANCE, frequency  from 1 hZ to 15 mhZ, has a built-in transistor
>and diode test, continuity beeper, and overvoltage protection on the AC
>and DC ranges.  Sells for only $74.95!

Thanks Bert, but something a bit better came along! After recieving a few
emails from people happy with their wavetek units, I called up Tech
America to ask them about specifics of the Wavetek 27XT.  They told me
what I wanted to know, and added that I could have it for $49.95.
$49.95!!!! It lists in their catalog for $114.95, but apparently they had
a lesser model on sale for $49.95 and ran out of stock.  The 27XT is the
replacement sale item.  Talk about timing!

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net
Epoch, Inc. Digital Music Project