[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Green glow

From: 	Gregory R. Hunter[SMTP:ghunter-at-enterprise-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, December 27, 1997 2:47 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Green glow

I've observed a green glow as well.  One of my TC toys is a large
(6" dia) decorative clear glass light bulb taped to the end of a
broom stick.  When I allow the spark from my coil to jump to the
base of the bulb, I get a cluster of purple streamers from the
filament to the glass walls of the envelope.  In a darkened room,
I've also noticed a greenish glow from the glass.  The glow resembles
UV-excited florescence.  Could I be generating "soft" x-rays?  I always
assumed the inert gas filling in light bulbs prevented x-ray tube
action.  Hmmm...

Greg

Marooned in dreary East Anglia