[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Answers ASAP!

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, December 23, 1997 4:55 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Need Answers ASAP!

On Sunday, December 21, 1997 10:21 PM Zuma
[SMTP:mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com] wrote;

> Two quick questions. I recently unpotted a 15000-at-30ma neon tranny.
> I was wondering, I am considering raising the ma rating to about
> 35ma to 40ma, do the shunts have to be up next to the primary or
> secondary after I remove the desired amount.

Just put them neatly in between the core and the windings .

> Second question, I took the core and coils apart and cleaned them
> then I put them back together and it ran perfect. Later I had to
> take it apart again and I put it back together exactly the same.
> It works the same as it did after the first time I took it apart.
> But now here's my question. Now the tranny buzzes kind of loud.
> I think it is probably loose, because if I set it on its side
> the buzzing almost totally stops. Am I on the right track or is
> something out of whack!

Your on the right track Chris! The sound is the loose laminations of the
core vibrating in the pulsating 60 cycle magnetic field of the coils.
You'll have to clamp the laminations tightly together and bolt them to stop
it all together. Or you can dip the whole transformer in shellac, then let
it harden. <Grin>

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  -at- -at-  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                            alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                        http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/4606
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/