[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Test Cap, dry/oil (fwd)

From: 	Peter Electric[SMTP:elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au]
Reply To: 	elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au
Sent: 	Saturday, December 20, 1997 5:05 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Test Cap, dry/oil (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

If you think you need very high power, I invite you to try an
experiment.

Build a rolled poly cap (the value is not too important) and before you
immerse it in oil, charge it up with a few hundred volts. Hang on to it
tightly with your hands (ensuring you have several layers of insulation
for protection) and discharge it through a short circuit.

Cheers,

Peter E.