[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

familiair with rumkorff inductors? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 22:15:40 +0100
From: solva-wijnschenk <solva-at-xs4all.nl>
To: "tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: familiair with rumkorff inductors?

dear all,

I am reading tons of stuff to get myself to build an own
coil safely. I could lay hand on a original rumkorff inductor
which is a special constructed coil with integrated interruptor
producing arches of 10 cm easily out of 12 volt dc.

While this represents maybe >80.000 at low kva (less then 60
watts!!). it seems to me that it is a (kind of) safe way to
build the primary tankcircuitry of the coil with.

Is there anybody familiair with this way of constructing or
is it not possible?

thanks for your soon reply!

BTW is there a kind of newwsgroup to subscribe to to get a wider reply??