[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla simulators (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:57:36 -0700
From: Scott Stephens <stephens-at-enteract-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tesla simulators (fwd)

At 07:18 AM 12/19/97 -0700, you wrote:

>     One this note, does anyone have a SPICE model of a spark gap that they
>     could share?

Ken Purcell was kind enough to mail me a spice model, but my ver 6.2 spice
didn't like it. I lost his E-mail. You there Ken?

I would model a spark gap as:

1) a switch with a time parameter for turn on/off
2) a negative resistance
3) something realy elaborate and near accurate, like a switch, with a
negative resistance, with a battery (for length/threshole) and probably some
function that relates current, to ON time, divided by gap length or cooling
rate.

Please post or E-mail me an accurate model if and when you get one. After I
blow all my wimpy semi's, I'll need one.