[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

wireless transmitter (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:29:04 PST
From: Mad Coiler <tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: wireless transmitter

Fellow Coilers,

  I am very interested in building a small wireless power transmitter.
Has anyone on the list ever tried to construct one? Can a classic coil
be converted into one? I am interested in any good sources of
information or anything that could help.
  I am considering building this for my senior project here at college.
I want my senior project to have something to do with Tesla, and I
probably cant use a TC because it has to have a uprocessor and be
practical and useful for something. I don't know how practical a power
transmitter is, I don't think that much has been done in this since the
days of Tesla. Even if one couldn't build one to be efficient, I would
still be interested, as long as I could build it to be at least 20%
efficient. Power transmission needn't be more than 50' or so.
  Ideas/suggestions? Or just scrap the whole idea? I would be very
interested if anyone had some firsthand knowledge about such things.

Tristan Stewart