[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plastic soda bottles for bypass caps? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:08:11 +1100
From: Peter Electric <elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Plastic soda bottles for bypass caps?

I had the same problem also. Here in good old OZ, things such as
doorknob caps are not only hard to get hold of but damn expensive! I
then decided that making bigger chokes and not using any bypass caps is
a much cheaper solution. I have been using 30 mH Pi wound chokes and
safety gaps only and have not lost a Neon sign transformer since.

Cheers,

Peter E.