[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Air core chokes

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, December 13, 1997 2:05 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Air core chokes

to: Chris

Safety gap from each bushing to ground -- piece of stiff coat hanger wire
works fine -- set gap around 1/2 inch -- if it fires over on 60 Hertz only
then increase distance slightly until it stops.  RF choke is 50-60 turns on
1 1/2 in ID PVC tubing -- one in series with each bushing to main sparkgap.
 Run main gap in parallel with xmfr output -- never in series.  Additional
protection offered by 250 Ohm, 50 watt resistor in series with each bushing
between bushing and air core RF choke.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net