[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bypass caps and Neons *NEEDED!*

From: 	Michael Baumann[SMTP:baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 11, 1997 1:42 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Bypass caps and Neons *NEEDED!*

 Well.. I just got the answer to my bypass question tonight.
 I was doing 90% power tests of my new cap tonight, and decided
 to see what would happen if I did not have bypass caps.
 Results:
 1)Safety Gap firing almost constantly.
 2) A couple of really scary arcs from my choke to my resistor.

 The Cap is .0061 mf, with a 12KV 30ma transformer.

 I decided to put the caps back in, and the whole setup settled
 right down.

 I also need to open the safety gap across the cap, but am not exactly sure
 how I should set that.
 --
 Michael Baumann  Optivus Technology Inc.|Loma Linda University Medical Center
 San Bernardino, California. (909)799-8308 |Internet: baumann-at-llumc.edu