[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Old Capacitors

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Sunday, December 07, 1997 1:46 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Old Capacitors

Hi  Alan,

I don't think the HiVolt caps would explode. There is no oil in them.
As I say, I have used them on a TC at 1.6kW or so. Interestingly
enough, they *look* like sticks of dynamite or somesuch. To add to
the fun, I understand they are manufactured in Ireland. When my mate
sent me my two, there was some kind of mail mixup and we were left
wondering whether they had been seized by Customs until they finally
got here.

Malcolm