[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Westinghouse is no more

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, December 06, 1997 4:48 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Westinghouse is no more

John Freau On Tuesday, December 02, 1997 5:14 AM
[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com] wrote;

> All,
>
> Of historical significance; Westinghouse, which figured so importantly
> in Tesla's work, is no more.  Westinghouse, what was left of it after it
> sold, or will sell, its industrial divisions changed its name on Dec 1st
> to CBS Corporation, named after its CBS division.  The company had
> been planning to preserve the Westinghouse name, but its
> management changed its mind.  (Just a semi-on-topic note)

Hmmm, first Raytheon then Westinghouse, I'm not really surprised especially
since the "Battle of the Currents" was still being raged at the Government
level! To the very end G.E. (an Edison company, was always given the choice
government contracts even though they didn't have the lowest bid!)
Westinghouse Electric (a Tesla company weas only given those contracts no
one else wanted because they were unprofitable, despite the fact that on
numerous occasions Westinghouse had the lowest bid for the choice
contractsd).

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/