[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grid Dip Oscillator

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Monday, December 01, 1997 1:50 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Grid Dip Oscillator

"
"All the GDOs I've ever used are hand held beasts. The point I was
attempting to make was that in using one, *you* have to get
physically close to the coil and as we all know, that certainly *does*
alter the coil's characteristics markedly. Having said that, perhaps
there are GDOs one can operate remotely ???"

        GDO's begin to dip at kQ much less than  1, and really
don't upset the resonant frequency!  Hand-capacity is probably
more of a problem with a long solenoid, and by inductively coupling
to the grounded end (on something high enough so that you and
the GDO coil are well below it, you would have no trouble.

Ed