[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: how to spin metal

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 30, 1997 11:45 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: how to spin metal

Metal spinning is not easy.  You can buy a special metal spinning lathe that
is designed to do nothing but spin metal.

Explosive forming is much easier than metal spinning.  Dig a dish shaped
hole in the ground.  Lay a sheet of metal over the hole.  Lay a 1/4" thick
layer of plastic explosives over the sheet of metal.  Place the detonator in
the exact center of the explosives.  The shock wave travels out from the
center to the edges.  The metal is blasted into the hole and it will take
the shape of the hole.  It really works.  The metal thickness has to be
calculated so not to blast a hole in it.

Gary Weaver