[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gap Losses

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, August 30, 1997 12:13 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Gap Losses

To: Greg

We run at 150 kw and used a classic series inductor with a 1.2 Ohm
wire-wound resistor (air cooled) to help clip some of the peaks and prevent
core saturation. Inductor had many taps (every 10 turns) so we had a wide
range of adjustment.

Your project sounds very interesting and I look forward to meeting with you
this winter when I move to Tucson.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net