[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Research

From: 	Julian Green[SMTP:julian-at-kbss.bt.co.uk]
Sent: 	Friday, August 29, 1997 7:18 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: More Research

>To Julian Green: what was the resonant frequency of the system whose
>scope waveforms you showed in ASCII a couple of weeks back? Would it
>be at all possible for you to get a storage scope onto it and confirm
>observation of the waveform for optimal loading?

Coil details:

Sec:         770 turns on 7" LDPE pipe 21" winding length
Sec Toroid:  14" x 3"

Pri:         11 Turns of 3/8" copper pipe saucer wound 9" inside diameter 21"
             outside taped at turn 8.
Pri Cap:     0.02uF
Pri Voltage: ?
Pri Gap:     Static

Power Supply: Neon sign transformer 10kv 100mA

Scope traces obtained by running coil at reduced power to generate 6" to
grounded rod.

Will try to repeat experiment with original coil setup to obtain shots of
scope traces.  I will also repeat with pole pig power supply and RSG.

Julian Green