[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

toriods

From: 	Kevin[SMTP:wawa-at-spectra-dot-net]
Reply To: 	wawa-at-spectra-dot-net
Sent: 	Thursday, August 28, 1997 10:53 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	toriods

I have some question about toroids.  If I were to make a toroid out of
some type of hosing and cover it with aluminum foil or tape, would there
be a difference if it was covered in one layer compared to say three
layers? How about if I used some metal elbo shaped pipes and connected
four together, how would that compare to a hose covered in aluminum tape
or foil?

Also I want to clear something up for myself.  Say you have a toriod and
its dimensions are 3 by 12.  The 3 would be the diameter of the hose or
pipe, and the 12 would be the outer diameter of the toriod.  Do I
understand this correctly?

thanks,
kevin