[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trannie config

From: 	Pete Demoreuille[SMTP:pbd-at-cybernex-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, August 28, 1997 12:09 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Trannie config

I just got my hands on a  number of neon trannies for cheap.
I now have 2 15kV-at-30mA and 5 9kV-at-30ma.  WOuld it be more
advisable to stick with two in parrallel to make 15kV -at- 60ma,
or use a series/parallel config of the 9's to make 18kV -at- 60ma??
Does anyone have reccomended cap sizes for these configs - I know
the formulas - but it seems that not many people actually
stick to them...  Also, for these voltage ratings, what is the
approximate gap spacing and number of gaps I should build into
my cylinder gap?  I have also heard a wide variety of advice on
this.

Thanks for your help.

Pete Demoreuille
pbd-at-cybernex-dot-net