[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: results

From: 	Mad Coiler[SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, August 26, 1997 11:00 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: results

Are you sure it is tuned properly? Sometimes you may not have enough
turns on your primary to tune to a lower frequency. How are you tuning
it, and where are you tapping your primary?

  I'm using the salt water
>glass bottle caps, but everytime I go to discharge them before
adjusting
>the coil, they don't spark or anything.  I don't get it.

This is because your caps are being applied AC voltage, wich continously
charges and then reverses polarity. If you applied a dc voltage it might
stay charged. It also doesn't take much leakage to discharge a small TC
capacitor. I have never gotten any sparks off my primary capacitors,
though I ALWAYS try and discharge them. It only takes one screw up, one
nanosecond, and your toast.

 Right now I
>only have two metal cabinet handle ends facing eachother as a spark
gap.
>I am thinking of tring out the spark gap made with PVC with segments of
>copper tube along the inside wall, that I found plans for on the net.
>I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions.  Thanks.

Your spark gap might make a significant improvement in you TC if you
build a good on with a fan or something to quench the spark. I have also
heard about this PVC spark gap but have no information on it. Were did
you get your info? I might be intersted in building one.

My $0.02
Mad Coiler