[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Quench Improvement

From: 	Chuck Curran[SMTP:ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, August 09, 1997 4:30 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Quench Improvement

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Hi John:

You've suggested another real possibility here, but at this time I can
only guess at what actually is occurring.  The path visible on what
"used to be" a highly polished brass electrode  was what appears to be a
continuous path--obviously that's just an impression, I really don't
know what is actually happening at this point.  I did have the old TEk
531 connected and I attempted to monitor the picked up waveform with the
probe connected to my trusty aluminum ladder laying next to me. Hell of
an antenna.  Bert supplied various waveforms under different quench
states and it didn't appear too bad.  I will quickly admit the results
are questionable since I found I couldn't accurately monitor the coil
controls, a video camera, watch the sparks and the scope all at the same
time!  I plan to attempt to get a better scope view later this week,
I'll be on vacation for a few days starting tomorrow, so it will be
Friday or Saturday.  Thanks for your comments.

Chuck Curran