[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Gap

From: 	Steve Falco[SMTP:sfalco-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, August 08, 1997 5:48 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rotary Gap

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Thanks,

John Freau

I used "contact cement" both for the cutoff-wheel to plywood joint, and
for the plywood to pulley joint.  This glue is applied to each surface,
and allowed to dry until it is tacky.  Then, when the surfaces are
brought together, they bond instantly (so alignment must be correct -
you don't get a second chance).  In my case, I used a temporary dummy
shaft through all the components for alignment.

Also, you obviously should use a fairly large pulley to have good
support for the plywood, and it should have a large flat surface facing
the wood.  There are some solid steel pulleys with flat sides available
in "small engine repair" shops, or if you have an alloy pulley with
enough "meat", you can cut one side down on a lathe to get a good flat
surface.

	Steve Falco
	sfalco-at-worldnet.att-dot-net