[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coiling Waveforms.

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, August 07, 1997 3:00 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Coiling Waveforms.

<<    Malcolm -

>    As far as I can determine you are the only one doing this type of
> research so we coilers will have to depend on what you find.  I do not know
> whether or not the secondary rings up with successive primary shots. This
is
> a possibility but may not occur.

>    By seven complete beat envelopes are you referring to the primary
circuit
> or  secondary circuit? Is it votage or current? Is it a dampened wave? What
> does non breakout waveform mean? Is this from an operating Tesla coil? What
> is the input wattage, operating frequency, spark length. I have lost track
> of what you are testing.

 >   John Couture

John,

Many list members and others have seen the same things on their
scopes that Malcolm is talking about.  I posted similar things a few
months ago under the Optimal Quenching subject heading.  Others
have posted also.  It doesn't matter what the power input, frequency,
or spark length is; the TC will still work in a similar way.  Number of
beats depends on coupling, quenching, loading, etc.  TC with no
toroid breakout will take longer to quench, and will show a greater
number of beats, etc.  Yes, it is a damped wave whether you look
at voltage or current.  Waveform of primary and secondary are
similar.  Malcolm's main point is that there's so much time between
successive breaks, that the energy (in the primary and the secondary)
is "long gone" by the time the next break occurs.  But energy does
remain in the ionized cloud and streamer paths, and this is what
permits the growing of sparks over successive breaks.

John Freau