[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coiling Waveforms.

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Monday, August 04, 1997 12:20 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Coiling Waveforms.

A bit more info on the experiments:

- The system was _always_ coupled during secondary spark production.
Quench _never_ occurred until most of the energy had dissipated in
the gap or secondary streamers.

- Ring frequency was about 1.1Mhz. One-way transfer time was 1.6uS
near as, showing k to be around 0.28 (someone had better check my
arithmetic).

     I ran out of film during the tests. Next film will include
simultaneous display of primary and secondary waveforms under
different load conditions. I will wait until this is done before
forwarding the photos (which have yet to be developed anyway.

Malcolm