[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: H2 Thyratron

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, August 02, 1997 7:05 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	H2 Thyratron

All,

I just measured the voltage waveform across my maggey #12 H2 thyratron (same
as measuring across the gap in a normal coil.

It was very fast!  The time to fall was under 1us (as expected) and there
was a small amount of ringing in the rising voltage as the dishcarge cap
charged up through the 60,000 ohm power supply limiter resisitor.  The
ringing was of a low order and way downnear zero volts (200 volts out of
7,000 main DC).  I was using 750 PPS in the circuit.

When I return I'll try to reduce the impeadance of the charging supply.

Richard Hull, TCBOR