[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fun with Helium

From: 	Jim Fosse[SMTP:jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net]
Reply To: 	jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net
Sent: 	Friday, August 01, 1997 11:02 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Fun with Helium

[snip]
>Anyway, I got a neat purple glow of ionized helium in the bottle, with
>some strangly shaped patterns running through it.  An identical bottle
>just filled with air did nothing.

Steve,
	I tried this last year with a 2' helium balloon. I taped it to
my top load and fired up my coil. POP went the balloon without even
producing any colors. At that time, my coil was producing about 3' air
streamers and just burned through the balloon on first shot.  I'd not
thought of using a soda bottle. I'll try it the next time I fire my
coil up.

I'm up to 60" measured discharges to a ground rod now, so I'll NOT
hold the bottle in my hand;)

	jim