[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Insulation

From: 	Jeff W. Parisse[SMTP:jparisse-at-ddlabs-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, August 01, 1997 12:40 AM
To: 	'Tesla List'
Subject: 	RE: Insulation

Sounds like you should be using a toroid. Why don't you want to
use one? Properly sized, a toroid can act to suppress the corona
leakage you speak of as well as increase your breakout voltage.

Jeff W. Parisse
Art Director, Digital Design Laboratories
www.ddlabs-dot-com  1-800-796-1138

I want to know how a person can stop your secondary's coil last winding from
discharging. I have a small 1 inch diameter iron ball on top as a discharge
sphere. But at the last turn on my secondary there comes a 4 inch spark out
and that energy is lost and aren't going to my small sphere.

Anyone have Ideas on how to overcome this problem. I don't want to use a
large torroid to make an shielding effect.