[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ham Fest- WHAT NOT TO DO.

Subject:   Ham Fest- WHAT NOT TO DO.
  Date:    Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:44:16 -0400
  From:    104521.363-at-compuserve-dot-com
    To:   "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I learned the hard way. If you plan to go to a ham fest:

1. Call ahead - get info on the number and type of participants
2. Arrive at first light - treat it like the flea market it is.
3. Don't expect the good stuff to be there near closing - probably best
not expect too much good stuff without lots of poking around.

I went to this fest which has been posted several times in this group

Bell County Expo Center
Belton, Texas
Saturday, April 19, 1997
7:00 a.m.  -  3:00 p.m.

[SNIP]

I naively expected to make the 2 hour drive and then get something good
after lunch.  Wrong.  Not only were all the good things gone but by 1 pm
all participants and all but 2 vendors had packed up and were gone.  I
did
get to see the inside of the empty expo center though.

Kyle