[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Best Primary Coil

Subject:     Re: Best Primary Coil
      Date:  Wed, 23 Apr 1997 05:11:05 -0700
      From:  Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Hi Gary,
>          An excellent series of experiments. A couple of things
> spring to mind:
>     - were all the primaries you tested tapped out to max turns?

The inside turn was permently connected.  Then I used an aligator clamp
for
the outside turn connection.

If
> so, how did you adjust fine tuning?

I would move the aligator clamp in and out from turn to turn.  If a coil
tapped good from turn 12 to 14 for example, I would move the tap many
times
usually 1/8 turn at a time to find the best location for the tap.

>     - I have to assume that the 1/4" tubing worked better because you
> were squeezing more inductance into a smaller volume.

Yes.  Thats right.  Couldn't squeeze 3/8" tubing as small as 1/4" tubing
and
keep the turn to turn spacing the same.

That is an