[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RQ Gap

Subject:  RQ Gap
  Date:   Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:50:58 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I finished the Richard Quick gap and I am very pleased with its
preformance
at this point. I dont have the correct cap of .01 yet but I wanted to do
quick pulse run to check it with capacitance so I placed one of my
.05/36KV
pulse caps on it and gave it a short burst with the variac. It sounds
like a
minigun with that large cap and I couldnt stay in the room with it if I
used
that cap so I will take it off and order a smaller cap from plastic caps
or
cond. products. All in all the gap works well and I think with the
smaller
cap it will be OK. I used 1" tube and a 3.5" fan on top but this is a
small
coil compared to some so I hope it wont overheat. It was worth the
trouble to
build it.    Stephen Sanders