[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: ARchive of tube specs?

Subject:   RE: ARchive of tube specs?
  Date:    Mon, 21 Apr 97 07:15:06 UT
  From:    "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:    "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

if it works, OCR of any tables would make the files quite a bit smaller
-
graphs wouldn't OCR well but if converted to monochrome rather than grey
scale
a graph doesn't take up much space.  Also, if I understand TIFF and JPEG
correctly, a compressed TIFF file will be about the same size but will
expand
back exactly, whereas a JPEG may not exactly reproduce the input file.