[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variac

Subject:   Re: Variac
      Date:  Sun, 20 Apr 1997 19:22:02 -0500
      From:  Tedd Payne <tpayne-at-netnitco-dot-net>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Variac
>   Date:   Tue, 15 Apr 1997 09:41:08 -0600 (CST)
>   From:   Jorge <al263636-at-academ02.sal.itesm.mx>
>     To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>
> Hi,
>
> I`m on my way of finishing a nice 900 watt Tesla coil, I`ve finished the
> cap, the RQ spark gap and cleaning up the neons, Im now looking for a
> good
> variac, there`s a store in Ohio wich sells surpluss electrical eq., I
> asked if they had any good 10 amp variacs, they returned me a list of
> the
> variacs they had:
>
>         For a new 18 amp 0-140v with knob and dial $185
>         For a new 10 amp with dial and plate $130
>         For a new 10 amp without dial and plate $105
>         For a used 10 amp wihtout dial and plate $ 85
>

> Are these prices fair, should I go for the 18 amp one, or does anyone
> know
> a cheaper mail-order place where to get this beasties, I know I can get
> them for less at ham festivals but there are none here in MX.
>
> BTW:
>         Mr. Chip
>         I got the last pictures all messed up, I think it`s the school
>         server, they`ve been having trouble with it lately, will they be
>         placed on the funet site any time soon ??
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Sincerely
>
>         Jorge F

I have the 3 "variacs" below for sale.  Also, if you would like me to
send you my complete list of things for sale, let me know.

(It's my understanding that most variacs can be operated over their
current rating for limited periods of time, such as the typical run
times for Tesla coils.)

Let me know directly if interested:  tpayne-at-netnitco-dot-net

Tedd

Prices do not include shipping.

$15 3A  Powerstat by Superior Electric, type 20, with knob & dial plate.

$30 7.5A  Powerstat by Superior Electric, type S620, hexagonal housing,
no shaft, no knob, no plate.

$62 10A  Variac by General Radio, V10, with knob & dial plate.