[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More rotary gap questions... (fwd)

Subject:  Re: More rotary gap questions... (fwd)
  Date:   Fri, 18 Apr 1997 07:06:58 -0700
  From:   "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To: Daryl

One important consideration is that even like good old DC circuits, AC
circuits including RF AC circuits still follow some of the basic rules
for
DC resistance.  Even though most coilers use copper tubing primarys,
good
grade caps, etc. they sometimes forget that the most circuit resistance
is
thru the stainless steel or steel electrodes in their sparkgaps.  If you
budget can afford it, use brass with screw in electrodes --- the result
will be much higher RF currents that won't be limited by the weakest
link
in your series chain --- the RSG materials.  If you are on a budget
steel
is OKI, but try to avoid stainless -- very toxic gases are emitted by
burning stainless steel -- ask any welder who works on stainless steel
tanks and they will describe the special precautions they are required
use (OSHA, etc) when welding inside stainless steel pipes or tanks.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net