[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cap materials

Subject:
        Cap materials
  Date:
        Mon, 14 Apr 97 10:01:23 EDT
  From:
        Gary Lau 14-Apr-1997 0959 <lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
    CC:
        lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com

I'm about to start building some rolled poly caps, and have a question
about sourcing materials.  .09" thick polyethelene is not commonly
available, but .006" thick is.  Is it reasonable to use 16 layers of
this
thin stuff, or would this many layers be totally unwieldy?

I don't have access to a vacuum pump to pump the cap down to remove air
bubbles.  Would the multi thin layers pose a greater problem in
harboring
air bubbles?

Also, for the mineral oil, what kind of place does one go to for this?
Auto supply store?

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA