[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Caps: Stacked vs Rolled

      Date:
           Fri, 11 Apr 1997 19:19:31 -0700
      From:
           "David E. Sharpe" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>
        To:
           Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
snip

> Our own Dave Sharpe has a large capacitor bank with many caps with
> possible
> series/parallel connections.  I think he can get over 20 different
> values by
> just shunting and shifted connections on a patch board.
>
> Perhaps he'll chime in on this.
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

I built 4 capacitors using 0.060 HDPE in mineral oil.  The capacitors
were tapped at 6400, 3200, 1600, 800, 400 and 200pf.  This allows 2^6
or 32 tune steps per capacitor with 200pf incremental steps.  Mulitply
by a usual number of primary taps, and a very wide tune range and
precision tuning capability is very easy to accomplish.

DAVE SHARPE, TCBOR