[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: glass vacume gaps

  Date:
        Sat, 5 Apr 1997 11:07:26 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<  but how is the considerable heat
 buildup of the gap electrodes going to be removed if they are sealed
 in a glass enclosure?  I'd worry about that unless the coil is just a
 5 or 10 watt job.

 rwstephens >>
I didnt think of that, they used to use this type of " quenched" gap
with no
problems but then the power systems and caps were not what they are
today.
The first book I read on the subject said the gap will always be the
most
aggravation and it is so. Tesla work can run into some money at home
depot
quickly. I will probably try it anyway, maybe I could heat sink it
somehow or
use a fan by putting the glass tube in another tube and force air over
it.
   Stephen