[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: glass laminate - Bah, Humbug...

  Date:
        Thu, 3 Apr 97 06:01:10 UT
  From:
        "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

use a model A water pump, let impeller be the rotor, and insulate the
housing
on ceramic standoffs.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Tesla List
Sent:   Tuesday, April 01, 1997 8:45 PM
To:     tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject:        glass laminate - Bah, Humbug...

Subject:
        glass laminate - Bah, Humbug...
  Date:
        Tue, 01 Apr 1997 20:43:53 -0500
  From:
        "Daryl P. Dacko" <mycrump-at-cris-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I've about given up trying to find a supplier of glass laminate
that will sell less than a 4'x8' sheet, or require a morgage on
the house for a smaller piece. ;'{

I'm thinking about trying a 'hot' rotor design, using a ten inch
in diameter, one inch thick aluminum plate, mounted on bearings
attached to some one inch thick lexan supports.

I'm planning to use some thick walled rubber hose with a plastic
rod in the center as an insulated flexable coupling.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of design ?

Does anyone know of suppliers for laminate that are fairly
inexpensive ?

Does anyone have a cure for "Tesla Fever" ?

Daryl