[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Broadcast Capacitors

  Date:
        Thu, 3 Apr 1997 17:07:48 -0500
  From:
        "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Date:          Wed, 02 Apr 1997 07:09:08 -0600
> To:            tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Broadcast Capacitors
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>             Re: Broadcast Capacitors
>        Date:
>             Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:26:32 +1200
>        From:
>             "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>          To:
>             tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> Mark, Robert et al,
>                      Thanks for the input on the caps.....
>
> > These sound like mica capacitors and will work extremely well in the
> > tank circuit of a vac tube T.C. as well as RF bypass for the plate
> > transformer.  They can also be used for the system cap in disruptive
> > discharge T.C.'s if you series parallel a whole whack of them.  I did
> > this.  I took 30 units of 0.002 mfd -at-12,500 volt peak  broadcast
> > micas and arranged them in three groups of ten paralleled in series.
> > The net result is about 0.007 mfd at 37,500 peak and is employed in
> > my highly successful STC system using a single 15 k -at- 60 Ma neon.
> > I've achieved straight line discharges to 52 inches with this coil.
> >
> > If these are cheap enough, BUY THEM!!!!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > rwstephens
>
> You're going to hate me but I was actually given them. There must be
> around 30 or so of about 5 different values in the carton.
>
> Regards all,
> Malcolm

Malcolm,

Nah, I don't hate you.......yet.  If you ever get as lucky as Richard
Hull has been at hamfests bringing home truckloads of Keithley this
and government surplus EMP that for *only* ten dollars, and start
waving it in our faces so we all turn green with envy, then I'll hate
you. : )

rwstephens