[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tuning Problem & synergistics

Tesla List wrote:

> >From coco-at-astroman-dot-comTue Sep  3 22:28:04 1996
> Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 08:30:07 -0500
> From: coco-at-astroman-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Tuning Problem & synergistics
>

> >With only four primary turns tapped, and your secondary over-
> >coupling, your system is crying out for a larger toroid terminal.
> >With the larger toroid you will be able add in your two available
> >primary turns, increase the current thru-put in the secondary, and
> >get those longer sparks.
> >
> >I generally find the best performance comes when the primary
> >coil is tapped between 8-15 turns and the rest of the system
> >is synergistically tuned.
> >
> >Richard Quick
>
> Thanks Richard...
>
>  I will try out a larger toroid...I currently am using a 4" diameter dryer
> duct over a plastic form for a 20" mean diameter.
> I have heard this term "synergistically", recently on the list, but am not
> familiar with this method...could anyone fill me in, or any info on where I
> can find out about it?  Thanks in advance.
>
> .Robert Del Bueno

Robert,

Synergy, synergism and synergistic as terms applyed to a more artisitic
form than a scientific one.  Synergistic refers to a manner of working,
or in this case, tuning or balancing a system so that all of the
component parts are performing as one.  No part predominates or rules the
system to such an extent that all other parts must be subordinate to it.
 It is a balancing act in which all parts are in harmony.  It is
traditionally done on the fly by experienced and adroit hands.

  Computational results are the limit of science, synergy is the limit of
man's ability to interceed after the equations are cranked and delicately
adjust a system to work its best in real world situations through the
integration of acquired knowledge and art or craft.

Synergy is not codified or codifiable or it would just be science. It is
an artistic skill and is recognized only through repititious itterations
with real world situations.  It is one of the defining characters of
man's abilities in his interactions with the natural world and its
phenomena.

Oddly, it is probably it is one of the important concepts to keep in mind
during any scientific investigations of nature.

Richard Hull, TCBOR