[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMP cabinet

Tesla List wrote:

> >From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nzTue Sep 24 22:21:03 1996
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:29:43 +1200
> From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: EMP cabinet
>
> Hi Richard,
>             You wrote....
>
> > The Fed stock number was looked up prior to my ripping all the FED ID
> > stuff off.  Uncle Sam (you and I) paid $8,128.00 for this special
> > cabinet.  I paid $25.00!!  Thanks guys for your tax contributions inorder
> > that I might have this cabinet.
>
> A moment ago I was thinking "why wasn't I born in the States?"  There
> seems to be little like that here. I suppose there would have been
> odd things at times.
>
> Malcolm

Malcolm, all,

The Fed (Uncle Sam) works in mysterious ways.  The bean counters in the
GAO have a philosophy that it costs less to buy new than to warehouse
used goods until needed by another agency.  (They may be right)  So they
junk good stuff from NRL and buy the same material 2 days later for an
agency at Los Almos!  Plus their is something demeaning to top level labs
about taking someone elses junk and castoffs for critical research.  They
want their own "new stuff"!  Go figure.

Still, one wonders with the consumption and throwing away of materials,
if the "Malthusian Climax" isn't just around the corner!  Actually, this
is unlikely, for we have at least concentrated the earth's resources in
garbage dumps and junk yards!

Richard Hull, TCBOR